Skip to main content

Do you think our roads/stations/bus stops are not clean...????




Recently I came across this post on Facebook. Picture speaks thousands of words! Very true, important message conveyed in very simple manner….It reminds me of one incident…I was travelling in the local train, on the way to office…the lady sitting next to me was talking to her friend who was standing in front of her. Both these girls looked very decent, well qualified. They were discussing about India’s economy, their job profiles etc etc. Lady sitting next to me was praising foreign countries…strict laws and rules for citizens, discipline…etc etc. Her friend also continued to share her experiences. Then this lady sitting next to me pulled out banana from her bag…while eating she proudly shared how health conscious she is, how she manages to do workouts in busy routine, how she takes care of her diet etc…After eating banana, this lady without even giving a thought, threw chhilaka on railway track from window…I was shocked…I gave her weird look..i did not have guts to tell her that you have done wrong thing…I think she noticed that…and as if to give explanation, she said to her friend…”normally I keep waste in my purse only but this fruits and all are biodegradable so I threw it”

I got furious on that comment…I thought ohh God…what is she saying???? ‘Biodegradable’…is she aware what bio degradable means? Does she know how it happens?...how much time it takes, what kind of environmental conditions required for that? if not then better get educate yourself first, why to assume and degrade our environment. She was a well educated girl…was discussing about Indian Economy…working in good company at good post...doing well in her career...was well updated with current news…taking good care of herself…but when it came to social responsibility as a citizen then what happened…???? In my opinion totally failed!
This is very common in local trains…people eat and throw waste out of the window…then in rainy season when there is a water blocking everywhere…media and commuters blame railway management, Government for lack of efficiency, lack of planning and execution…etc…everyone suffers…don’t you think so garbage that commuters throw on railway tacks contribute to this water blocking????   Don’t you think if each one of us decides not to throw garbage on railway track then problems that we face in rainy season can be minimized or prevented????

Whenever I see any lady throwing waste out of window I really get angry and upset…but I hardly showed up any courage to stop them…and it used to make me feel further upset and helpless…But recently I started telling them in loving ways…I tell them “pls don’t throw out give it to me I will keep it in my purse and throw it in dustbin once I get down at station or office”…some don’t listen and don’t pay attention to me showing attitude …their expressions speak…they say “who the hell you are to tell me”…but I don’t feel bad…because at least I expressed myself…some feel guilty and keep the garbage with them…some argue I do not have polythene bag to keep it…some argue there are no dustbins on stations…etc etc…but I don’t care…I do my work…I keep telling them.

There are many girls/ladies who do this…many a times I hear their stories in the train when they stopped someone from throwing garbage out of window…I feel very nice…I do compliment them and share my stories…it feel good to connect with people who think like you J

I remember when I was a kid…may be in 3rd or 4th standard, my dad had gone to pick his friend’s sister from airport...her family was coming from Singapore. She had daughter of my age or may be younger to me…when they reached home she asked her mother “where is the dustbin mom, I want to throw wrapper of the chocolate that I ate in the taxi when we left from airport”. My dad shared this incident with me. He told me look how that little girl also understands we should not throw garbage on the road…she had patience to hold chocolate wrapper for 2 hours (Airport to Dombivali)…she could have even given it to her mom…but she dint…look at the sense of responsibility she has. Now you realize why I keep yelling at you and instructing you. My dad always used to say…don’t just keep blaming Government, watch your actions, first check as a citizen are you fulfilling your responsibilities???

Really I am grateful to my dad for imbibing these values on my mind at very young age. Now a day also I see some parents who teach their kids everything but not about social responsibility we have as a citizen of country. At social gathering, at homes, in trains they will make their children dance, tell stories, recite shloka, sing songs etc etc and when they receive chocolate or gift as a appreciation from relatives/friends/audience…these kids just throw wrappers anywhere but not in dustbin and parents also don’t take any objection. Children gets highest ranking/grade/percentage in school…they may top in Environmental Science subject…but they are not encouraged to implement what they learnt in text books in daily life.


I think preventive measures are better than corrective…It saves lots of efforts, time, money and energy. If each one of us assume responsibility to keep our trains, stations, buses, bus stops, auto stand, roads etc etc clean then we can make our city, state, country a better place to live…what say ????

Comments

  1. I also feel irritated whn I see some1 throwing garbage. I tel my acquittance to give it to me instead of throwing on road. Now ll start telling strangers as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What kind of sportsmen/women you are! Numerology perspective !

Every number defines characteristics of our personality and it reflects in whatever we do in our life. During school and college days I was into competitive swimming.  I am now into coaching. While coaching, numerologist in me keep analyzing how numbers are influencing behavior of my swimmers. This is real fun and I enjoy thoroughly. Birthdate number and life path number are key numbers having major influence on any individual. First calculate your birthdate number and life path number and then read explanation given below for these two numbers. e.g. Birth date is 22 nd Dec 1985 22 nd reduced to single digit will be 2+2 =4. Here 4 is birthdate number. So check for explanation for number 4. Similar way reduce month and year number to single digit. December stands for 12, when reduced to single digit becomes 3 (1+2=3) Year 1985 when reduced to single digit becomes 5 (1+9+8+5=23, 2+3 = 5) Life path number = birthdate no + month no + year no = 4

Numerology - What kind of boss and team member you are 

Every number defines characteristics of our personality and there by role we play at work. To understand what kind of boss or co-worker / team mate you are, first calculate your core numbers i.e. Birth date number as well as life path number. Birth date number is the date of your birth reduced to a single digit. Life path number is the total of your date of birth reduced to a single digit. Then check the explanation for both these numbers. Number 1  Number 1 bosses can come up with trend setting solutions. They are self motivated and determined. They have very high expectations from themselves as well as from team members. On the other side, at times they may become controlling, bossy and egoistic giving tough time to team members. Number 1 team members are confident and efficient in their work. They prefer to work independently with minimum intervention by supervisor. They want their work to be appreciated and recognized. They may lack diplomacy and can be very much

My experiences with Angel Numbers

Universe and angels has unique and creative ways to communicate with us. If we are alert and aware we can read these signs. Angel numbers are a common way for angels to communicate with us. Every number or number sequence has meaning and brings some message to us. Common message is to let you know that they are with you, just to make their presence known to you. My experience with angel numbers began in the year 2012, when I started to acknowledge that I have something more to do and experience in life other than this full time job. At that time I used to see 10:10 everywhere. My desk clock timing, emails received or sent timing, unread messages or emails, car numbers etc. Even the lifts! I always got to see two adjacent lifts at 10 th  floor. It used to bring broad smile on my face. It was an awesome feeling. I used to be in awe with Universe. It was taking all possible efforts and using creative ways to communicate with me. Number 1010 is about awakening, universe pre