Skip to main content

Joining the dots...How universe helped me in my Swimming Career



This video of Priya Kumar reminded me of my own story.

By the end of the year 2012 I had found my calling. I realized that corporate career in financial industry had made significant contribution in my life in many aspects. I was happy with all the success I had achieved till date but I was very sure it can no longer give me the same level of contentment in future. I wanted to pursue my hobbies or passion as full time career i.e. Writing, Spiritual and mind training practices, Swimming and Swimming Coaching.

I had new agenda for my life

  • To experience competitive swimming life again and stay active in competitive swimming
  • Build swim coaching career, take formal education in this field and produce successful swimmers
  • Contribute in swimming field in whatever way I can
  • Create awareness about spiritual and mind training practices. Conduct headings and workshops
  • Get paid to write
  • Get associated with NGOs working for environment protection, women empowerment and orphan kids

Though all this new realization gave my adrenal push but at the same time it bought 360 degree changes in my entire being. A part of me often used to break out in cold sweat. Making this career change was like entering into uncharted territory. I was faced with lots of fears, doubts, uncertainties and blocks. I had no idea how I was going to manifest my dream life, yet my desire to live more meaningful life was stronger than fears which kept me hold onto my vision and take action towards it.

Life had become more hectic then - morning swim sessions, full time job and appointments with clients on weekends, had taken toll on my health! One day I decided to take a break from everything. I applied for a leaves and went to my mom’s place. I needed rest and also there was a need to contemplate. One afternoon I was just wallowing in my bed and I suddenly felt like checking all my old swimming stuff. I made my dad to pull out old suitcases. He had preserved everything so well, my gymkhana identity card, medals, certificates, time sheets of competitions, my swim workout diaries, news paper articles, photos etc. My heart was jumping with joy as I was going through old photos and stuff.

I posted one photo on Facebook where I am standing on podium with other winners, wearing medal and holding certificate in my hand. This post helped me to connect with my swim buddies after so many years. Next week when I was back in Thane we planned get together; we swam together after so many years. Four of us really had a gala time ! We clicked photos and shared on Facebook.

Checking that Facebook post Mr. Kailash Akhade called me. He is a renowned coach in Thane District. We both used to assist my swim coach during college days. He gave me information about Masters’ Swimming Competition. I was shocked. I was not even aware of such competition. I got butterflies in my stomach, when I had written my wish about competitive swimming a part of me felt it is unrealistic, because I did not even know such opportunity exists for swimmers of my age.

Now my daily swim sessions had new meaning. I participated and win Masters’ competitions (state and national) and clocked descent timings. It was an awesome experience.

Now when I look back, I can connect the dots. Me falling sick, going to my mom’s place, urge to check old photos, posting on Facebook, reunion with swim buddies, posting those photos on Facebook and getting call from Mr. Kailash Akhade ! I will always be very grateful to him.

All these so called co-incidences were nothing but the response from universe to help me fulfill my wish!

I would love to share another incident.

In the year 2014 when I left my job I had three offers in my hand. I was in no hurry to take decision though all of them were lucrative and made sense logically. I still wanted to think through. A week after I left my job my colleague - Priti called me, she told me her school friend is visiting India for vacation, she would be staying in Taj Hotel for a week and she is looking for swim coach for her kids for a week. She asked me whether I would like to coach.

I was somehow reluctant to go. I was looking for long term assignment. At face value this did not make any sense, it dint seem like win-win situation. What will I teach in just 5 days? How are they going to benefit? What will they learn in just 5 days?, but I don’t know why I got inner nudge to say yes and I did. I enjoyed with kids and offer whatever I could in just 5 days.

On the last day her sister, Dr. Dhansura visited. During our conversion she mentioned her daughters are good swimmers and she is keen to develop them professionally. She also mentioned a club where they practice - Garware club, is looking for a professional swimming coach. Later she followed up with me, I submitted proposal and I cleared interview. A logical part of me was reluctant to travel, but my heart was constantly giving me green signal, don’t know why this opportunity felt right. Finally I rejected other three offers and joined Garware Club. I started taking 4 batches, beginner, stroke school, ladies and advanced.

Soon everything made perfect sense. I enjoyed each and every moment spent on the pool. I put my whole and soul. Appreciation and compliments showered on me continuously and abundantly not only from parents and club management but also from people who used to watch me coaching from Gym, Cafeteria and other regular members who used to swim daily. Common feedback from all of them was, they enjoyed watching me coach young kids, watching kids enjoy my session, how I bonded well with them and how much I enjoy coaching them!

One Sunday morning club manager called to inform me there is a chaos at reception as 40 people are standing in a queue to enroll their kids in your batch; some of them are disappointed because we have to put them in waiting list.

Oh my God, How does it get any better than this? I thought, a year ago I was faced with all fears, doubts, uncertainties and voices of critics adding fuel to the flame, and today I am experiencing this. Although there is a lot to learn, do and achieve…I was happy that at least I had successfully laid down foundation of my new career.

I could join the dots…

Priti had joined our company just few weeks before I left my job, I was in no mood to develop new friendships yet we bonded well. My seniors advised me to leave job after another 3 month in order to avail certain benefits yet I stood firm on my decision and I did not extend. As a result I was available at right time at right place; I was available to coach when Priti’s friend and Dr. Dhansura’s sister visited India. I am so grateful to Priti, Dr. Dhansura and her sister because of them I got this opportunity.

P.S.
Similar coincidences led to foundation of Urja Holistic Healing. We three partners are fulfilling our mission. I am associated with NGOs, Getting paid to write articles Reiki Rays. 

Today as I am writing this post my heart is filled with gratitude. A part of me is still anxious and worried how I am going to achieve my goals and reach to next level, I can hear other part of me saying “there is no need to be anxious about your journey, I know there is a long way to go and lot of work to be done, but if you could manifest this you are capable of achieving greater milestones, just hold on to your dreams / vision, have strong willpower, stay tuned with your inner voice and keep taking guided actions.


Charuta Rajadhyaksha 
Co-founder of Unicorn Insight 


Comments

  1. Let me introduce other motivational contents i.e home gym and other motivational contents that may be good for our community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome article! I could connect dots for some of my goals 🙂..
    Great going. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What kind of sportsmen/women you are! Numerology perspective !

Every number defines characteristics of our personality and it reflects in whatever we do in our life. During school and college days I was into competitive swimming.  I am now into coaching. While coaching, numerologist in me keep analyzing how numbers are influencing behavior of my swimmers. This is real fun and I enjoy thoroughly. Birthdate number and life path number are key numbers having major influence on any individual. First calculate your birthdate number and life path number and then read explanation given below for these two numbers. e.g. Birth date is 22 nd Dec 1985 22 nd reduced to single digit will be 2+2 =4. Here 4 is birthdate number. So check for explanation for number 4. Similar way reduce month and year number to single digit. December stands for 12, when reduced to single digit becomes 3 (1+2=3) Year 1985 when reduced to single digit becomes 5 (1+9+8+5=23, 2+3 = 5) Life path number = birthdate no + month no + year no = 4

Numerology - What kind of boss and team member you are 

Every number defines characteristics of our personality and there by role we play at work. To understand what kind of boss or co-worker / team mate you are, first calculate your core numbers i.e. Birth date number as well as life path number. Birth date number is the date of your birth reduced to a single digit. Life path number is the total of your date of birth reduced to a single digit. Then check the explanation for both these numbers. Number 1  Number 1 bosses can come up with trend setting solutions. They are self motivated and determined. They have very high expectations from themselves as well as from team members. On the other side, at times they may become controlling, bossy and egoistic giving tough time to team members. Number 1 team members are confident and efficient in their work. They prefer to work independently with minimum intervention by supervisor. They want their work to be appreciated and recognized. They may lack diplomacy and can be very much

My experiences with Angel Numbers

Universe and angels has unique and creative ways to communicate with us. If we are alert and aware we can read these signs. Angel numbers are a common way for angels to communicate with us. Every number or number sequence has meaning and brings some message to us. Common message is to let you know that they are with you, just to make their presence known to you. My experience with angel numbers began in the year 2012, when I started to acknowledge that I have something more to do and experience in life other than this full time job. At that time I used to see 10:10 everywhere. My desk clock timing, emails received or sent timing, unread messages or emails, car numbers etc. Even the lifts! I always got to see two adjacent lifts at 10 th  floor. It used to bring broad smile on my face. It was an awesome feeling. I used to be in awe with Universe. It was taking all possible efforts and using creative ways to communicate with me. Number 1010 is about awakening, universe pre